30 Apr STAY ON TOP OF YOUR GAME
The spread of COVID-19 has forced our government to make decisions which have affected our ability to earn an income. We are now forced to stay home for our safety. As nice as a little break away from the fast-pace lives we all lead is, it can also take a toll on our mental, physical and financial state. Some of us are lost as to which direction to take,which can be overwhelming. We want to encourage you to remain positive. Where your mind goes, your energy flows. Use the time to direct positivity in your life and the lives of others where possible. Here are some helpful hints to help you stay on top of your game during lockdown:
- Keep your social media account active – Invite friends to your page. Post pictures daily of previous work done or of ideas you have tried at home to encourage interaction on your page. Ask your clients and friends to review your page. Positive reviews will do more for your social media page than a share.
- Refine a skill – Use the time to practice on yourself, your practice hands or your loved ones quarantined with you. For example, if you find that you struggle to paint a good French manicure, make it your goal to become the French manicure queen. Practice is key to making yourself a master at any skill.
- Interact with your clients – The most important part of any service treatment is ensuring your client leaves her treatment with a smile. Even though you are not at the salon, you can still ensure your clients are keeping well. They are missing you as much as you are missing them. Send them a text message or voice note to check in on them. This will mean a great deal to your clients and help you maintain a connection for when business re-opens.
- Keep moving – Physical exercise helps release all those feel-good hormones as well as alleviate stress. Trying Pilates or Yoga will help to strengthen the core which will assist us in our profession as we sit all day. Keeping yourself active by doing daily stretches, workouts or activities will help keep your body healthy, and in turn keep your mind healthy.
- Get creative – We often don’t find the time to practice our nail art designs. Use this time to try out all the ideas you saved along the way. Your nail art designs make you unique. Practice techniques you enjoy to bring your clients new ideas when your salon re-opens. This time can also be used to paint your sample sticks, clean your bottles and tubs, organize your products and stock take all which you have.
By using these tips, it will help you stay busy and improve your mental health. We care about your well-being. Do not be afraid to reach out if you need someone to talk to.
Til next time,